Taxes and abroad
Consulting services for private individuals with a foreign connection
Not only companies are connected to other countries through open borders and the linking of economic areas, but also private individuals maintain intensive contacts in other countries: be it professional such as working abroad or privately through weddings or emigration. The European freedom of movement for living and working opens up new opportunities. This has resulted in multifaceted, cross-border private and professional links that enrich our culture. This is not only a phenomenon in the border regions, but is now happening worldwide.
For private and family activities related to Germany and other countries, we offer comprehensive consulting on all legal and tax issues: We are at your side with regard to changes of residence and immigration, family and inheritance matters or real estate investments.
For example, we speak fluent English, Polish and Dutch in order to provide you with comprehensive support in your language in all private and professional matters and projects with cross-border implications. For these consultations, we also have offices in Berlin and Cologne via our cooperation partner PBL, so that we can also be easily reached from neighboring countries in the East and West.
We can work for you in any country through our extensive network. You can use our extensive experience for your matters.
From our range of services for private individuals with a foreign connection:
- Consulting in the field of the double taxation agreements (DTA) between Germany and other countries
- Consulting regarding emigration/immigration from Germany in the area of exit tax and downstream tax obligations under the German Foreign Tax Act
- Consulting and legal and tax representation of interests in immigration to Germany (establishment of unlimited tax liability)
- Submission of the German income tax return in the year of departure or year of arrival with special consideration of foreign progressive income
- Consulting and preparation of tax returns for non-residents (people without German residence) with limited tax liability in Germany
- Tax consulting on real estate investments abroad (for personal use, as an investment property or mixed-use holiday property)
- Cross-border inheritance or gifts: consulting regarding design and preparation of German and foreign gift and inheritance tax declarations, with reference to international inheritance tax law, for example based on the last place of residence abroad or foreign assets (design, consulting and processing)